Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Flour Sugar Salt Yeast (Saf yeast is the best you can find it at Shar's in Mesa on Gilbert and Guadalupe) 4 Eggs at room temperature 3 Cubes butter Instant potatoes Milk Water I used my Bosh but you could use a Kitchen aid Here is what you do: 1/4 cup warm water ( I use tap water, warm to me is pretty warm but you can still hold your hand under it) 1 tsp.sugar 1 Tbsp yeast Combine but do not stir and let sit for 10 mins or until it bubbles. (I put my yeast in a clear bowl so I can watch it better. The sugar will sink to the bottom and most of the yeast will sit on the top of the water and start to bubble up a little bit. You don't want all your yeast to sink to the bottom if it does redo your yeast mixture.) In the bread mixer add: 3/4 cups sugar 1 Tbsp salt 1 cup instant potato flakes 2 cups flour In a saucepan, melt 3/4 cup butter then add 3 cups milk. Turn stove down to low to warm the milk so it won't kill the yeast. Add all ingredients into bread mixer. Mix then add 4 eggs (room temperature) and 6 cups flour. Dough will be sticky. Let rise for 1 hour. The Dough will not rise a ton but you should notice it rise a little bit. Roll out in a rectangle and cover with butter. Fold over in thirds and cut in 1 inch strips. Knot rolls and put on cookie sheet (12 rolls per sheet) Let rise for 3 hours. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Here is my dough all rolled out and covered in melted better Fold in thirds All folded up I start in the center and cut in 1 inch strips

No comments: